Head of Clinical Operations
At Alector, we believe that neuro-degeneration and dementia are immune disorders and we made it our mission to empower the immune system to cure Alzheimer’s disease, frontotemporal dementia, ALS and other degenerative brain conditions. We are supported by healthcare investors including Orbimed, Polaris, Google Ventures and count some of the most innovative pharma companies as our strategic backers.
Would you like to build something new that really makes a difference? Do you desire autonomy in taking on operational challenges that interest you? Would you like to be part of a talented team where everyone has a voice?
Use your hard-earned clinical and operational skills to help us achieve our exciting and important mission of saving lives by curing neurodegenerative diseases. As the Head of Clinical Operations (reporting to the Chief Medical Officer), you’ll lead the building of Alector’s clinical development operations capability. You will oversee all aspects of defining the clinical operations strategy, as well as successfully planning, executing, analyzing, and reporting on all of Alector’s clinical programs. You’ll be ensuring that these programs and goals are delivered on time, within budget and in compliance with Good Clinical Practices and laws and regulations. Over time, you will build a high-performing team of clinical professionals. You’ll be both strategic and hands-on, collaborating across Medical, Research, Development Science, CMC, and Finance teams to implement the Company’s clinical strategies and drive organizational success. As an early hire, you’ll be influential in championing and developing Alector’s culture.During the first year, your goals will include:
- Establishing Alector’s development operations capability, including defining, planning, and executing clinical trials within timelines, budgets and quality standards
- Developing and maintaining project plans and metrics to assess performance, compliance and cost effectiveness
- Establishing collaborative relationships with vendors, key opinion leaders, investigators, and other key individuals as necessary to ensure appropriate program progress and overall business and clinical objectives
- Partnering with Finance to develop and manage the clinical operations budget and consistently update the executive team
- Leading Clinical Operations Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) development, training and implementation
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You take pride in being self-motivated, hands-on, detail-oriented
- You enjoy optimizing and managing resources and timelines
- You thrive in an environment where we work independently and on teams
- You have 10 or more years of progressive experience leading clinical operations teams in life sciences field
- You're highly proficient in managing complex projects
- You have experience in the neurology field
- You demonstrate a track record of setting up trials, enrolling sites, maximizing recruitment, and maintaining high quality standards that significantly exceed industry standards
- Your academic background includes a Master’s degree in science or a related field
- You have a point of view but are low ego
Advanced business degree and experience with Alzheimer’s Disease clinical operations are added bonuses.
Alector is a great place to learn and experiment. If you excel in a dynamic environment where everyone is committed to finding a cure, where you’ll drive growth, this is the role for you. There is no limit to how far you can go with us.
While we’ve focused on what to look forward to during the first year and beyond, Day One is great, too: committed and driven colleagues, a bold and important company goal, state-of-the-art brand-new brightly-lit offices in the heart of the biotech area, and a competitive compensation and benefit package. But these matter only if you’re excited to build and own something great, and take on these challenges with us. Come join us.